We are excited to offer SAT Prep as part of the Great Virginia College Tour. Since 2010, TeachersBox has partnered with public school, private school, and home school parents to provide University Readiness services in various formats, each of which hones students’ critical reading, mathematics, writing, and science skills while offering parents flexible payment options. Our Platinum SAT Prep utilizes a six step process:
- Initial Diagnostic Testing and Assessment Service
- The Best in Test Prep Materials from recognized industry leaders.
- Critical Reading, Math, Writing, and Science Skills Reviews
- Meta-Cognitive Instruction that teaches students the art of learning to learn
- Multiple Practice Tests and Data Analysis
- On-going support via the TeachersBox Online Learning Center where students access a myriad of resources and daily activities that augment our in-class instruction.
Our clients average a Composite Score (Critical Reading and Math) of 1236 points, with a Total Score (CR+M+W) of 1842. And our Platinum SAT students’ scores increase an average of 136 points. As we prepare for the 2011-12 School term, we are very excited to provide parents with our most customized service ever!
Historically, rather than making a decision based on objective, data-driven criteria, most students choose which test to take based on the geographic region in which they live, which test their friends are taking, or which test their parents took. Beginning with our Platinum SAT Prep scheduled for Fall 2011, students will have the opportunity to use TeachersBox DATi’s rich analytics to determine whether the SAT or ACT plays to their strengths BEFORE they take either test.
Our SAT /ACT Diagnostic tool (DATi) breaks down student’s scores, practice history and trends, and performance – by question difficulty level. But DATi also drills down to the granular level to reveal students’ performance by question type, by section, and by answer distribution. Students receive subject area and question type analysis for the Critical Reading, Math, and Writing Section of the SAT Exam and the Math, Reading, English, and Science Section of the ACT Exam. This degree of detailed analysis enables TeachersBox to create targeted SAT or ACT remediation tailored to the needs of individual students.